Become a Poll Worker
Poll Worker General Information
Polls and Precincts Office
2956 Richardson Drive
PO Box 5278
Auburn, CA 95604
There are plenty of ways to get involved. By volunteering, you provide a valuable community service and make a priceless contribution to the American electoral process.
We Need You.....Become a Poll Worker - It takes over 1,600 poll workers to assist on Election Day and one of them could be you! Fill out the application below.
Perform a PATRIOTIC SERVICE
Give back to your COMMUNITY
Achieve PERSONAL SATISFACTION
Voting in Placer County precincts is conducted by qualified poll workers (Inspectors, Judges and Clerks) who are appointed by the Placer County Clerk/Registrar of Voters.
Poll workers are responsible for conducting the voting in strict accordance with the voting laws of the State of California, and in doing so they perform a very important service in preserving the democratic way of life in the land.
Requirements: A poll worker must be:
- 18 years of age or older (unless participating in the Student Poll Worker Program)
- Registered to vote in the state of California or a permanent legal resident of the United States (permanent legal residents may work as Clerks only)
- Available to work between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. for set up and closing of the polling place and assisting voters throughout the day.
- Able to find transportation to and from their assigned polling place on Election Day and training class if required.
Duties: The duties of poll workers (Inspectors, Judges and Clerks) include:
- Prepare, open and close the polling place location
- Locate voter names on the roster
- Issue to and receive from the voters, their official ballots
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process
- Perform all required duties assigned by the Registrar of Voters or Precinct Inspector
The Inspector, in addition, must:
- Be in charge of a polling place and its Precinct Board on Election Day
- Assign duties to clerks on Election Day
- Accept and check election supplies and accessibility of the polling place before Election Day
Payment: Poll workers will be paid as follows:
- Inspector: $100.00
- Judge: $90.00
- Clerk: $85.00
- Training: $20.00 for all poll workers (training is mandatory for Inspectors and Judges and is optional for Clerks and Students)
Become a poll worker today and join others in your community!
Election Night Worker Opportunities
Receiving Center Worker (Various Locations)
Under the direction of the Receiving Center Supervisor, the Receiving Center Worker will perform duties as assigned, which will include traffic control, supply bag and equipment movement, communications and information recording. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Hours 6:30 p.m. until all assigned polling places have returned their supplies
Stipend for serving: $50.00 - 110.00 (includes $10.00 training pay)
Contact the Office of Elections at 530-886-5650.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being a Poll Worker or an Election Night worker, fill out and submit the online POLL WORKER APPLICATION. Our office will contact you, by telephone or mail, when we need poll workers in your area.
Poll Worker Application
Ryan Ronco, County Clerk-Recorder-Registrar of Voters
2956 Richardson Drive
P.O. Box 5278
Auburn, CA 95608
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM